Sunday, April 17, 2005

You

One of my favorite people. That's what this poem is about. Enjoy!

I don't know you
Yet you are.
You are.
Important, real, alive,
Yes.
I don't know you.
Not really, but something
     Ties us all together.
     Lets us all know
          You.
And me. Who is you,
     To you.
All of us are a bunch of you's.
But you.
     Yes.
You are.
     Who you are.
          (That's true, on some level.)
You.
Who are you?
Why do I insist
     On telling you? You
Must know.
Why?
Yes.
You.
You.
     Unique - is what everyone says.
          Cliche. Everyone says.
               Then again... well, nevermind.
You.
Yes. No. Why? No. You.

But seriously.
     Yeah - I mean yes.
Seriously.
It's not about me. It's about you.
But I'm you
     To you,
          Right?
Must be true. On some level.
Yeah - and I mean that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home