Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Alone

Interesting poem. Do I feel like this? Or was it merely a game? I have no idea. But, it is fun. Please read, and feel free to interpret however you feel. Just do me a favour and don't tell me how I feel. That would be awfully rude of you.

Here I sit
    (Alone, by myself, lonely)
        Keeping myself pleasantly busy.
Sure, it's just games,
    (Boring, wasteful, all the same)
        But I enjoy them.
Who needs a significant other?
    (Me, you, everyone)
        Not me!
Nah, life is grand
    (Terrible, unendurable, sad)
        Especially in the safety of my own room.
Out there lies danger
    (Fun, adventure, PEOPLE!)
        And I'm not looking for trouble.
I don't want to go out
    (Yes I do, why won't I relent?)
        Not today, at least.
I'm too young
    (Nineteen? Too young for what?)
        To drink.
I'm disgusted
    (Tantalized, enthralled, yet unwilling)
        At the immorality out there.
Guess I'll just stay home
    (Encourage me, push me, get me out!)
        And enjoy a night by myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home