Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Always On My Mind

This poem is really not too far from the truth. This continues this lonely romantic streak of mine. I fixed up the end a little bit. It's rather interesting. Hope this one either makes you smile, or makes you think. One name comes to mind as I'm writing this poem. And she knows which name I'm thinking about.

From the moment I wake up
Until I lay back down to sleep,
And even in-between,
You're on my mind.
I can't stop thinking about you.
Every romantic film I watch,
Every love song I hear,
Reminds me of you.
Words pour out of my heart
Emotions stream from my mind
And they all belong to you.
The loneliness I feel during the day,
The chill brought on by night
Is all the distance between us.
And yet, I wonder if these thoughts
    These feelings
Are mine alone.
Should I continue in this course
Or will it only lead to a sadness
Greater even than this?
Do you feel the same way?
I may never know.
Perhaps it's better that way.
Maybe my loneliness is sweeter
When I've something to hope for.
Maybe my dreams are more delightful
When it's a love based only on my feelings.
I can only imagine you feel much the same way,
But due to circumstances are unable to tell me.
Oh for a day when secrets can be shared,
And the mists of confusion banished.
Either way,
You
Are always on my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home