Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Musings On Love

This poem was written at a point when my heart was trying to mend itself. I won't discuss what had happened to it, as that is a moment best forgotten anyway. Suffice it to say that this poem is rather interesting. I almost don't want to call it a poem, but that's what it is. I can't argue with fact.

How can we ever truly know what Love is?
Do we believe our hearts?
Do we follow our minds?
Or do we just do what feels comfortable?
Does Love involve taking chances?
In that case, do we weigh the risks against the benefits?
Or do we just go along with it?
Love is such a lonely road.
It goes on and on,
And often, you are by yourself.
Oh, sure, you pass others, and some walk with you,
But you continue on, ever forward.
Sometimes you turn around,
And go back the way you came,
But then you lose sight of the goal.
Is there a goal?
Or does the road just continue on forever?
Are we always working towards something greater?
Or are we meant to travel the path with someone else?
What if you never run into that someone else?
What if you leave them behind?
How will we ever know?
Can we ever truly know our True Love?
Perhaps we never do.
I hope that when my True Love shows,
I will not pass her on for something "greater."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home